Waste Disposal

LandfillLocated at: 801 E Brennan Street
Phone: (406)377-9839
Hours: Monday- Saturday 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Closed: New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

The Glendive Solid Waste Facility is licensed to operate a solid waste landfill in Dawson County. The service area for the landfill includes the City of Glendive, West Glendive area, and the communities of Richey, Terry, Circle, and some from McCone County. It is located adjacent to the east side of Glendive and is accessed off Brennan Street.  The landfill has separate areas to accept Class II, Class III, and Class IV waste. It also has a compost area, a used oil drop off area, and a designated area for appliances.

Disposal Rates

  • Clean clippings, yard trimmings, and leaves: No Charge
  • Inert brick, dirt, and rebar free concrete: No Charge
  • Minimum Charge for other material is $5.50
  • Household solid waste & construction debris: $55.00 per ton (2 3/4 cents per pound)
  • Trees and Branches(All sizes):  $10.00 per ton ( ½ cent per pound)
  • Asphalt: $3.00/ton
  • Tires: Car & light truck: $3.00
  • Medium truck: $7.00
  • Off road: $17.00
  • Appliances with CFS’s (Freon): $20.00 + the per pound rate
  • Contaminated soils: $13.00 per ton with approved analytical sampling

Wastes Not Accepted

  • Material containing PCB’s
  • Liquids
  • Dredge spoils
  • Incinerator waste
  • Sludge/septic pumpings
  • Asbestos
  • Fly ash
  • Hazardous wastes:
  • Listed Wastes
  • Characteristic Wastes- if it exhibits on or more of the following characteristics: Ignitable, Corrosive, Reactive, or TCLP toxic

Conditional Wastes

  • Used motor oil: No Charge (only from a “Do-It-Yourselfer” and no more than 5 gallons per visit)
  • Junk vehicles
  • Dead animals
  • Manure/animal waste
  • Biomedical wastes
  • Contaminated soils

Rolloff Solid Waste Container Rental

This service is available within the City limits only 
Container rental- $10.00 per day
Container tipping fee- $ 75.00 per trip plus landfill charges also apply
Contact Public Works Dept. to fill out a rolloff request form (406) 377-3318  ext 15 or 16